Thursday, October 30, 2008

KINDNESS...Cycle it Forward


I had the absolutely amazing opportunity of meeting Brock Tully, the man who is behind the KINDNESS...Cycle it Forward tour across the US and Canada. His purpose is, "To promote the principle of kindness by means of a solo, 9-month, 18,000 km [just over 11,000 miles] cycling journey throughout the western United States and southern British Columbia." My dear friend Don Kirchner, author of the book and soon to be movie, "A Matter of Time" let me know that he was coming through our city. Brock depends on the kindness of strangers to get him through his journey, staying at their homes and eating with them whenever possible. When I heard I could be a part of his tour by donating some healthy food, I emailed his executive co-ordinator right away. Brock came into town on Tuesday where I picked him up at a bike shop and took him straight to the Raw Melissa kitchen. There I fed him a huge salad, a strawberry green smoothie and of course, some of the famous Raw Melissa Pumpkin Pie. Later that evening we had a great dinner with him where we were graced with stories from his lifetime of promoting kindness. Check out his blog to read updates on his daily journey and remember to be kind!

Brock


Always love,
Melissa

No comments: